Along with its provision of high-quality services, Lima e Falcão Advogados follows a policy of social responsibility, by way of an ethical and transparent internal management system and support for social, educational and cultural projects, based on its commitment to sustainability and the development of Northeast Brazil.
By combining its reputation for competence with ethics and social responsibility, the firm adopts the view that private enterprise should encourage social change as a way of improving the living conditions of the population.
The firm’s social actions thus aim to help meet the challenge of social problems, reduce inequality, broaden access to the arts, preserve the cultural, artistic and environmental heritage, strengthen local and regional culture, and contribute to progress and human development, with a view to enhancing social well-being.
The following list contains some of the actions undertaken by the firm in recent years.
The Arts and The Environment
- Support for the Contracantos Choir, of the Federal University of Pernambuco’s (UFPE) Department of Music, for a tour of France, 2003, Grenoble and Paris;
- Support for Cultura Musical, 2005, Recife-PE;
- Support for the Contracantos Choir, of the UFPE’s Department of Music, 2005, Recife-PE;
- Support for Musicata Cia. de Arte, for the Santa Isabel Theater’s Noble Salon Chamber Music Project, 2007, Recife-PE;
- Support for performance of Felix Mendelssohn’s Elijah Oratorio, at the Santa Isabel Theater, Recife-PE;
- Support for the TXAIMUS Group, at the Federal University of Pernambuco’s Department of Music, as part of the Chimes Brazilian Music Project, 2009, Recife-PE;
- Support for the Coque Children’s Citizens Orchestra, organized by the Child Citizen Benefactors Association, 2009, Recife-PE;
- Support for performance of Pietro Mascagni’s opera Cavalleria Rusticana, as part of the series of Night Concerts, at the Santa Isabel Theater, 2008, Recife-PE;
- Sponsorship of CD by Pernambuco musician Sambê, Recife-PE;
- Sponsorship of CD by the Bomba do Hemetério People’s Orchestra;
- Sponsorship of CD by the band Alcova Rubra;
- Sponsorship of the documentary Zuleno, o Mestre da Luz [Zuleno, Master of Light] (2009), in collaboration with the Ministry of Culture, through the Patronage Act (Law 8,313/91);
- Sponsorship of the feature film Prometo um Dia Deixar esta Cidade [I Promise One Day to Leave this City] (2014), directed by Daniel Aragão and winner of the prize for Best Actress at the 2014 Rio Festival.
- Support for Eyes of the Street, Brazil, 2016;
- Donation of paper for recycling to the NACC – Child Cancer Support Unit and the Cancer Hospital, Recife-PE;
- Permanent internal policy of waste sorting and responsible use of electrical energy;
- Donation of second-hand computer equipment to public-sector organizations, Recife-PE;
- Donation of second-hand law textbooks to educational institutions, Recife-PE;
- Support for the Recife Faculty of Law’s Literary Review, Recife-PE;
- Support for the Renovation Project, to collect books for the Recife Faculty of Law, Recife-PE;
- Sponsorship and support for the Piano Department of the Recife Technical School of Music - ETCMR, linked to the Pernambuco State Education Authority, directly benefitting around 110 students. Through this project, the School received a half-grand piano and three new upright pianos, improvement of its premises and furniture, additions to its library stock and computer equipment, promotion of activities to support teacher training, the performance of concerts and the creation of an annual awards competition, Recife-PE;
- Sponsorship and support for restoration of the Steinway Piano, at the Pernambuco Conservatory of Music (2014), Recife-PE;
- “Guardian” of the non-governmental organization Happy Child, providing pro bono legal services and support for the institution. The NGO works with the rehabilitation of children and adolescents who are at risk or living on the streets, in Belo Horizonte and Recife. 2015, Recife-PE and London, UK;
- Support for the publication of the books Dos Direitos Reais [On Property Rights] and Do Direito das Famílias e das Sucessões [On Family and Probate Law], edited by Alyson Rodrigo Correia Campos and Fabíola de Albuquerque, and the Coletânea de temas de Direito Civil [Collection of of Civil Law Topics] produced by the Recife Faculty of Law;
- Biannual internal food donation campaigns.